Monday 16 April 2012

Fish Eggs, Caviar, micro beads

I tried my first micro bead mani!  I hear there is a lot of controversy going on right now with the 'caviar' look!  I just found these beads the other day and wanted to give them a try. 

When I first saw these mani's, I have to admit, I though they were a bit redonculous!  Buuut, now that I am rocking it on my hands, I think it's actually pretty dang cool.

The beads are waaay smaller looking in real life, and they stay stuck on really well.  I think it's looks cute on an accent nail.





The pastel green is Mint Sorbet by Sally Hansen.  And why the heck didn't I use a silver under the accent nail?  Next time folks.  Live and learn.  Macro really shows up those spaces between the beads, it's not noticable in real life.

Thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway.  Comments are now closed and I will pick a winner this week fo sho.  Stay tuned





13 comments:

  1. Mint Sorbet looks beautiful on you! I'll have to give mine a chance soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! I love this look so much! It's really edgy but cool i can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo! Did you sprinkle the beads on? I found that you can get better coverage if you dip the nail straight into the container :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!! super cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this! Even though it's not silver, I think the colors go well together. How long did the beads stay on??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Mint Sorbet--one of my all-time favorite greens! And I agree, the beads make for a very cute accent nail without detracting from the rest of the mani. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also thought the whole concept was pushing it, but I do like what you did! Plus, that mint looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! It is so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not been a fan of the fish egg look, but I like your take on it. Focusing on an accent nail makes this way easier to swallow and that mint is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks super :D i actually like the mint green colour underneath the beads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had micro beads for over 2 years and have only used them as an accent to some nail art. I definitely need to try it as a stand alone accent nail. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice nails!

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I looove your comments! They make me happy, keep 'em coming! I'd love to check out your blog too, please email me, grapefizznails@yahoo.ca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...